Certified Civil Trial Attorney
For the last ten (10) years, Frank M. Crivelli has been designated by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney. This designation is granted only to those attorneys who are able to demonstrate the highest levels of experience, education, knowledge, and skill in civil trial practice. Less than 2% of attorneys in New Jersey have the honor of this accreditation enabling them to advertise they have met the objective and rigorous standards approved by the New Jersey. Supreme Court and the New Jersey State Bar Association. Many people often ask, “What does it mean when a lawyer is certified as a civil trial attorney?” A certified civil trial attorney is more than just an attorney who specializes in a particular area of law. A New Jersey attorney who is certified by the Supreme Court as a civil trial attorney must have met the following criteria over the five years immediately preceding certification:
- Be a member in good standing of the New Jersey bar for over 5 years;
- Fulfilled ongoing continuing legal education requirements, i.e. at least 45 hours of continuing legal education, relevant to the field of civil litigation;
- Demonstrated a substantial level of experience in civil trial law;
- Be favorably evaluated by twelve (12) of their peers to include co-counsel, adversaries, and judges familiar with their work;
- Submitted a trial court brief or memorandum for evaluation, relevant to the field in which the attorney seeks certification, prepared by the attorney, and filed in a trial court within the past three years;
- Produce documentation of personal substantial participation in at least forty-five (45) days of trial during which the attorney served as lead counsel in at least 5 jury cases;
- Conducted at least twenty-five (25) direct and twenty-five (25) cross-examinations of lay witnesses;
- Conducted at least fifteen (15) direct and fifteen (15) cross-examinations of expert witnesses;
- Presented at least eight (8) opening statements;
- Presented at least four (4) closing arguments;
- Conducted at least five (5) voir dire jury examinations; and
- Finally, the attorney applying for certification must have taken and passed a day long written examination in the intricacies of civil trial law.
Based on the stringent evaluation process recited above, you should only trust a highly experienced Certified Civil Trial Attorney such as Frank M. Crivelli when you are forced to present or defend a case in front of a Judge, Jury, or Arbitrator.
Hamilton, New Jersey 08619
Your initial consultation is free.
Website Copyright © 2015, Crivelli, Barbati & DeRose, LLC
Disclaimer: Material presented on this website is intended for information purposes only. It is not intended as professional or legal advice and should not be construed as such.