Public Employee Pension Appeals
The New Jersey Public Employee Pension System has numerous complex rules and regulations concerning the qualification and collection of disability pension benefits when an employee is either injured on the job and cannot continue employment; or is stricken with a catastrophic illness or becomes injured outside of work and can no longer continue with public employment. When such an unfortunate situation arises, the public employee may be entitled to either “accidental” or “ordinary” disability pension benefits under the rules and regulations of the State of New Jersey, Department of the Treasury, Division of Pensions and Benefits. However, often disability pension benefits are unjustifiably denied, or the public employee is approved for disability retirement benefits that are lower or not commensurate with the accident or injuries sustained. If such a situation arises, the attorneys at Crivelli, Barbati & DeRose, L.L.C. are prepared to file your appeal and appear before the retirement system’s Board of Trustees or Office of Administrative Law to argue your case.
Frank Crivelli has written the informative books, titled The Injured Employee’s Guide to Navigating the New Jersey Workers’ Compensation System and How to Win Your New Jersey Public Employee Pension Appeal Case. This helpful books, which are available for free cover the following topics:
- The rights of an injured New Jersey worker.
- Benefits available under the New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Act.
- An outline of the entire workers’ compensation process, from filing a claim to post settlement;
- How to maximize recovery under the New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Act;
- Benefits available either through an ordinary or accidental disability pension;
- A discussion of the applicable law to New Jersey Public Employee Pension Appeal Cases;
- An outline of the pension appeal process, from filing an application to appealing a case before the New Jersey Office of Administrative Law.
Contact our law firm today at (609) 981-7500. Don’t wait to call us as there are certain deadlines that must be followed when pursuing legal action. The initial consultation is free.
Hamilton, New Jersey 08619
Your initial consultation is free.
Website Copyright © 2015, Crivelli, Barbati & DeRose, LLC
Disclaimer: Material presented on this website is intended for information purposes only. It is not intended as professional or legal advice and should not be construed as such.